Empowering Future Leaders:
TDI’s Scholarship Opportunities for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students
The TDI Scholarship Program
The Communications Access Scholarship Program awards scholarships to graduating high school DHH seniors committed to giving back to their community in order to continue improving access to communications technologies for DHH people, supporting the mission of TDI.
Students are recognized for their passion and capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on accessible communication technologies. The application window is from March – May every year.
Congratulations to the 2023 Scholarship Recipients!
Connecticut, George Washington University
Missouri University of Science and Technology
University of California, Berkeley
Bryn Mawr College
University of South Alabama
Applicants must be high school students graduating this year.
Applicants must be committed to attending post-secondary school starting in the fall of this year.
Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents
Current TDI board members and staff as well as their siblings, children, and grandchildren are not eligible for the Access Communications Scholarship Program
Demonstrated record of volunteerism in the community in non-school sponsored activities.
Participation in extracurricular school sponsored activities.
Demonstrated leadership skills.
Applicants must have the endorsement of their school guidance counselor.
Application window is from March – May each year.
- Complete Application form.
- Proof of acceptance at an academic, vocational, or technical school for post-secondary studies.
- Letter of recommendation from a volunteer organization or extracurricular school sponsored program (optional).
- Most recent high school transcript (photocopy is acceptable for application).
- Senior yearbook or graduation photo.
- Completion of written or video essay that accompanies this application outlining your idea for people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, late-deafened, or deaf-blind
- Describing how you will advocate for greater communication access, or
- Suggesting new communications technology that will provide greater access.
ASK A QUESTION
940 Thayer Ave #8009
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Recognition of Major TDI Scholarship Donors