Congratulations to the
2020 Scholarship Recipients!
University of Pennsylvania
University of Southern California
Southwest Minnesota State University
The TDI Scholarship Program
TDI’s Communications Access Scholarship Program was set up to recognize the community volunteerism work that the graduating high school seniors who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, late-deafened, or deaf-blind have contributed to. These students are recognized for their passion and capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities.
TDI will award scholarships of $2,500 or more (per award) to graduating deaf, hard-of-hearing, late-deafened, and deaf-blind high school students who are planning to attend post-secondary school at either a technical college or university.
- Applicants must be high school students graduating in 2021.
- Applicants must be committed to attending post-secondary school starting in Fall 2021.
- Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Current TDI board members and staff as well as their siblings, children, and grandchildren are not eligible for the Access Communications Scholarship Program.
- Demonstrated record of volunteerism in the community in non-school sponsored activities.
- Participation in extracurricular school sponsored activities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Academic achievement.
- Applicants must have the endorsement of their school guidance counselor.
To be considered for TDI Scholarship, you must submit the following no later than:
FRIDAY, MAY 14, 2021 -- 5pm EST
- Application form, activities summary, and statement of accuracy.
- Proof of acceptance at an academic, vocational, or technical school for post-secondary studies.
- Letter of recommendation from a volunteer organization or extracurricular school sponsored program (optional).
- Most recent high school transcript (photocopy is acceptable for application).
- Senior yearbook or graduation photo.
- Completion of written or video essay that accompanies this application outlining your idea for people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, late-deafened, or deaf-blind
- Describing how you will advocate for greater communication access, or
- Suggesting new communications technology that will provide greater access.
RECOGNITION OF MAJOR TDI SCHOLARSHIP DONORS
If you wish to print and mail the scholarship application, you can download it here. Paper applications must be postmarked by May 14, 2021.