TDI announced its newly created scholarship, “Communication Access Scholarship Program” in April 2019. The scholarship program is designed to encourage deaf and hard of hearing students to innovate and bring forth ideas for addressing the biggest communication access challenges that the community faces.
TDI’s scholarship program is made possible by several telecommunication companies. “TDI is sincerely grateful to the four corporate sponsors- Ultratec, Sorenson Communications, ZVRS/Purple, and Hamilton Relay for making this annual scholarship program possible” explained Claude Stout, TDI Executive Director.
The 2019 Communication Access Scholarship awardees are:
- Jaxon Cummings, attending Tulane University
- Jewel McDonald, attending North Carolina A&T State University
- Jose Uresti, attending University of Texas – Rio Grande
- Malia Zornoza, attending Gallaudet University
- Mohamed Abanoor, attending Gallaudet University
- Zachary Chylla, attending Indiana University
Congratulations to these individuals! Join us in wishing these students outstanding success and becoming the next generation of communication access leaders.