Congratulations to the Newly Elected Officers of DHHCAN
TDI shares its congratulatory remarks to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Consumer Advocacy Network (DHHCAN) for its recent elected on new term officers for their executive board.
Chairperson Zainab Alkebsi of NAD, Vice President Eric Kaika of TDI, Secretary Marcia Zisman of GUAA, and Treasurer Al Sonnenstrahl of DSA.
DHHCAN is a coalition of consumer advocacy organizations that engage in information sharing to develop and submit public policy proposals related to Civil Rights, Education, Employment, Health Care, Housing, Telecommunications, and Transportation for all deaf and hard of hearing people.
DHHCAN is comprised of the following advocacy organizations:
- American Association of the DeafBlind (AADB),
- Association of Late-Deafened Adults (ALDA),
- Cerebral Palsy and Deaf Organization (CPADO),
- Deaf Seniors of America (DSA),
- Gallaudet University Alumni Association (GUAA),
- Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA),
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD)
- Telecommunications for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Inc. (TDI),
- American Deafness and Rehabilitation Association (ADARA),
- Communication Service for the Deaf (CSD),
- Conference of Educational Administrators of Schools and Programs for the Deaf (CEASD),
- National Association of State Agencies for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (NASADHH),
- Northern Virginia Resource Center (NVRC), and
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
To learn more about DHHCAN, their website can be found at DHHCAN.org