TDI Gifts Scholarship to Six Students
TDI continued its annual Communication Access Scholarship Program into its second year. The scholarship program is designed to encourage deaf and hard of hearing students to innovate and bring forth ideas for addressing the biggest communication access challenges that the community faces.
TDI’s scholarship program is made possible by four telecommunications relay providers. “TDI is deeply appreciative the scholarship’s supporters- Ultratec, Sorenson Communications, ZVRS/Purple, and Hamilton Relay. We look forward to seeing the accessibly breakthroughs the next generation will create” said Eric Kaika, TDI Chief Executive Officer.
The 2020 Communication Access Scholarship awardees are:
- Julio Hernandez, attending University of Pennsylvania
- Mara Land, attending Gallaudet University
- Molly McEvoy, attending Gallaudet University
- Riley Hernandez, University of Southern California
- Sophia Blessing, attending Ohio University
- Tory Villotta, attending Southwest Minnesota State University
Congratulations to these individuals! Join us in wishing these students outstanding success and becoming the next generation of communication access leaders.