Congratulations to the 2019 Scholarship Recipients!
Jose Rodrigo Uresti
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
North Carolina A&T State University
The TDI Scholarship Program
TDI’s Communications Access Scholarship Program was set-up to encourage and reward graduating high school seniors who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, late-deafened or deaf-blind propose volunteer activities in order to improve communication access with-in their communities.
Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities.
TDI Scholars are well-rounded, bright students who not only excel academically, but are also actively involved in their communities and their schools. These students are passionate and service oriented, and demonstrate a sustained commitment to bettering their community.
TDI will award scholarships pf $2,500 or more (per award) to graduating Deaf or Hard of Hearing students who are planning to attend post-secondary school at either a technical college or university.
- Applicants must be grade 12 students graduating in 2020.
- Applicants must be committed to attending post-secondary school starting in Fall 2020.
- Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Current TDI board members and staff as well as their siblings, children, and grandchildren are not eligible for the Communications Access Scholarship Program
- Demonstrated record of volunteerism in the community in non-school sponsored activities.
- Participation in extracurricular school activities
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Academic achievement
- Applicants must have the endorsement of their school guidance counselor.
To be considered for a TDI Scholarship, you must submit the following no later than:
FRIDAY, MAY 15, 2020 -- 5pm EST
- Application form, activities summary, and statement of accuracy;
- Proof of acceptance at an academic, vocational or technical school for post-secondary studies;
- Letter of recommendation from volunteer organization;
- Most recent High School transcript (photocopy is acceptable for application);
- Grade 12 yearbook or graduation photo;
- Completion of Written or Video Essay that accompanies this application outlining your idea for people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, late-deafened, or deaf-blind
- Describing how you will advocate for greater communication access, or
- Suggesting new communications technology that will provide greater access.
RECOGNITION OF MAJOR TDI SCHOLARSHIP DONORS
If you wish to print and mail the scholarship application, you can download it here. Paper applications must be postmarked by May 15, 2020.