Consumer Action Guides
DHHCAN, established in 1993, serves as the national coalition of organizations representing the interests of deaf and/or hard of hearing citizens in public policy and legislative issues relating to rights, quality of life, equal access, and self-representation. DHHCAN also provides a forum for proactive discussion on issues of importance and movement toward universal, barrier-free access with emphasis on quality, certification, and standards.
DHHCAN has developed two consumer action guides to help increase accessibility for consumers at large.
DHHCAN Member Organizations
- American Association of the Deaf-Blind (AADB)
- American Deafness and Rehabilitation Association (ADARA)
- American Society for Deaf Children (ASDC)
- Association of Late-Deafened Adults (ALDA)
- The Caption Center at WGBH
- Communication Service for the Deaf (CSD)
- Conference of Educational Administrators of Schools and Programs for the Deaf (CEASD)
- Deaf Seniors of America (DSA)
- Gallaudet University
- Gallaudet University Alumni Association (GUAA)
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD)
- National Black Deaf Advocates (NBDA)
- National Catholic Office of the Deaf (NCOD)
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
- Telecommunications for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Inc.(TDI)
- USA Deaf Sports Federation (USADSF)
Please feel free to share feedback with TDI if you have ideas on how those guides can be improved.