Silver Spring, MD, July 8, 2019 – TDI’s Executive Search Committee is now accepting applications for the position of TDI Chief Executive Officer. This is an extraordinary opportunity to provide national leadership in achieving equal access in telecommunications, media, and information technologies for millions of Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf-Blind Americans!
To view the announcement about the TDI CEO position, the description of responsibilities and requirements, and to apply, please go to: https://tdiforaccess.org/ApplyTDICEO/
The deadline for all applications is September 30, 2019.
- All interviews will be completed by mid-December 2019. Details on the interview process will be shared at a later date.
- The expected start date for the position is April 1, 2020; there will be a two-month period of overlap wherein Claude Stout, the outgoing Executive Director, will provide orientation to the incoming CEO.
- Claude Stout will retire effective May 29, 2020. The TDI Board of Directors voted at its February 2019 Board meeting to officially rename the position of Executive Director as Chief Executive Officer; there will be no changes in this position’s responsibilities as a result of the change in position title.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please be aware of the following key requirements for consideration for the interview phase:
- Be willing to be located in the Metro Washington, DC area.
- Be willing to accept a salary of $85,000 – $100,000.
- Have a minimum 5 years of management or relevant professional experience.
- Have considerable experience in applying knowledge of the deaf, hard of hearing, deafblind, and late-deafened community, including their communication needs and applying solutions for these needs.