|Call for Nominations for TDI Board Members
in Central & Midwest Regions
Now is your opportunity to shape the future of TDI!
The TDI Board of Directors is composed of five (5) Regional Representatives and three (3) At-Large members. Board members serve four-year (4-year) terms, with staggered elections for the Regional Representatives being held every two years.
The Northeast, Southeast, and West Regional Representatives were elected in 2015 to serve until 2019. The Central and Midwest Regional Representatives are up for re-election this year to serve until 2021.
The Board meets two (2) times in even-numbered years and three (3) times in odd-numbered years. Board meetings are held in various cities around the country and are always open to the public.
The TDI Elections Committee is soliciting nominations for the two TDI Board seats that are up for election in 2017. The two open Board seats are one each for the Central and Midwest Regions.
- The Central Region consists of Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas and Wyoming.
- The Midwest Region consists of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee and Wisconsin.
Regional Board Representatives are elected by TDI members in their region only and serve for approximately a four-year term (exact term length may vary a month or so depending on when TDI conferences are held), this year the new Board members serve their term immediately when this year’s TDI Conference ends on July 29, 2017.
A Board member’s responsibilities include:
- Overseeing TDI’s operations to assure programs are run efficiently and effectively,
- Identifying telecommunications and media access needs of persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, late deafened and deaf-blind,
- Developing organizational policies and procedures,
- Evaluating the performance of the TDI Executive Director,
- Promoting TDI programs and services, and
- Communicating TDI’s mission, goals, and interests to its members, other deafness related organizations, governmental agencies, and persons in the general public.
All nominees for Regional Representatives must be current TDI members and must live in the region that they would represent. Individuals may nominate themselves or may nominate others. Nomination forms can be found on the TDI website at: https://tdiforaccess.org/about-tdi/people-at-tdi/board-of-directors/nomination/
If you prefer to fill out the printed form and send it in to us via US Postal mail, you can find and print the form here.
Completed nomination forms may be:
- Printed and mailed to TDI, 8630 Fenton Street, Suite 121, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Printed, scanned and sent via email to nominations@TDIforAccess.org, or
- Submitted using the online form on the TDI website.
All nominations must be postmarked, e-mailed, or submitted online no later than March 31, 2017.
The TDI Elections Committee will contact nominees, verify their willingness to serve, and obtain a brief statement of experience and goals. The TDI Elections Committee will then select one or more final candidates from the nominees in each TDI electoral region whose Regional Representative’s term on the Board is ending. The ballots will be mailed out on or before May 26, 2017, and election results will be announced to the TDI membership at the business meeting during the TDI Biennial Conference in Bethesda, Maryland on July 29, 2017.
Please send your nominations to TDI soon!